BIDV MetLife always conducts business endeavors with truth, sincerity and fairness and is committed to comply with all applicable data privacy laws in Vietnam.
This Statement sets out how BIDV MetLife may collect, use and disclose customers’ personal data and data access and correction rights of the customers. This Statement applies to all products and services provided by BIDV MetLife. This Statement contains both English and Vietnamese versions. In case of discrepancies between English and Vietnamese versions, the Vietnamese version shall prevail.
A. Kinds of Personal Data to be Collected and/or Held
Personal data that BIDV MetLife may collect and/or hold, for the purposes as stated in this Statement, comprises all the customers’ information, name, contact information (including but not limited to residential and correspondence address, phone number, fax number, email address), biographical information (including but not limited to date of birth, nationality, Vietnam identity card or travel document number, gender, employment and occupation record, family and educational background, etc.), policy information (including but not limited to policy account value, sum assured, investment appetite and portfolio and experience, financial information and needs, etc.), transaction records, bank and credit card account information, medical and health data, and demographic information or identifier that held in a cookie or processor serial number that is combined with other personal information (collectively “Personal Data”).
B. Purposes of Collection, Use and Transfer of Personal Data
Personal Data may be collected and/or used by BIDV MetLife and/or transferred to the entities or individuals as specifically mentioned in this Statement for the following purposes:
1. Processing applications for insurance products or services, as well as any changes, cancellations, renewals, reinstatements, and any other relevant matters.
2. Verifying the customers’ identities and eligibilities for insurance or financial products or services and ensuring ongoing due diligence of the customers.
3. Facilitating the daily operation of the insurance or financial or related services or products provided by BIDV MetLife, including without limitation arranging insurance contracts, managing customers’ accounts, monitoring sum assured, performing ongoing and future administration and assessment and underwriting any insurance policy issued by BIDV MetLife.
4. Providing and designing any insurance or financial or related product or service.
5. Enforcing the customers’ obligations under the insurance contracts including without limitation collection of insurance premiums and identification documents.
6. Marketing insurance or financial product or service (including without limitation reward, loyalty or privileges programmes or members’ club) of BIDV MetLife, or of any of its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies or group companies, or partnering banking and/or financial services providers and telecommunications and social media companies or entities, by mail, fax, electronic mail or other means of communications, or telephone calls addressed to the customers, in respect of which BIDV MetLife may or may not be remunerated (collectively “ Direct Marketing Purposes”)
7. Processing (including but not limited to investigating and analyzing) any claim under any insurance policy issued by BIDV MetLife and any credit, medical security and underwriting checks.
8. Matching Personal Data (including without limitation sum assured) to determine and recommend any insurance or financial or related products or services that may be of customers’ interest.
9. Creating and maintaining BIDV MetLife’s customer profile and segregation and business model and performing risk management.
10. Complying with the compliance program and internal policies of BIDV MetLife and with all laws, regulations, codes or guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities binding to BIDV MetLife or its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies or group companies.
11. Meeting any disclosure requirements imposed by laws, regulations, codes or guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities on or binding to BIDV MetLife, or of any of its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies or group companies, or partnering banking and/or financial services providers and telecommunications and social media companies or entities.
12. Comparing Personal Data of the customers and other individuals for de-duplication, sum assured monitoring, credit-checking, data verification or otherwise producing or verifying data, whether or not for the purpose of taking adverse action against the customers.
13. Maintaining a history of the customers (whether or not there exists any relationship between the customers and BIDV MetLife) for present and future reference
14. Providing customer services (including but not limited to processing enquiries and complaints, performing policy review or needs analysis).
15. Performing marketing research or survey or analysis or statistics which may be beneficial to the improvement of customer services and daily operation and provision of the insurance and financial and related products and services by BIDV MetLife or of any of its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies or group companies, or partnering banking and/or financial services providers and telecommunications and social media companies or entities.
16. Communicating with the customers via telephone, mail, e-mail, facsimile or any other means of communications.
17. Evaluating the policy intended to be the subject of reinsurance by an actual or proposed reinsurer of BIDV MetLife.
18. Conducting medical or health reference checks.
19. Exercising any right of subrogation or any other right given to BIDV MetLife under the insurance policies
20. Preventing, detecting or reporting any crime or any fraudulent or dishonest behavior, or any other purpose relating thereto.
21. Enabling the industry association / federation to carry out its regulatory functions or such other functions that are required in the interest of the insurance industry or any members of the association / federation.
22. Managing reporting and potential withholding obligations in compliance with applicable laws and regulations in Vietnam or an overseas jurisdiction.
23. Other purposes as notified at the time of collection.
24. Fulfilling any other purposes directly related to (1) to (23) above.
25. It is necessary for the customers and other individuals (including without limitation the insured persons and beneficiaries) to supply BIDV MetLife with Personal Data in connection with the purchase and continuation of the insurance policies with BIDV MetLife, provision of insurance and financial services and compliance with any laws, regulations, codes or guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities by BIDV MetLife. Personal Data are to be collected from customers in the ordinary course or during the continuation of the business relationship between the customers and BIDV MetLife, for example, when the customers make any claims or change the personal particulars or beneficiaries under the insurance policies.
Failure to supply such Personal Data may result in BIDV MetLife being unable to offer or continue the insurance policies, provide insurance and financial products and services, continue the business relationship between the customers and MetLife in the ordinary course, and comply with any laws, regulations, codes or guidelines issued by regulatory or other authorities.
BIDV MetLife shall not use Personal Data, without relevant consents from the customers and relevant individuals, for any purpose other than the purposes as stated in this Statement.
C. Disclosure and Transfer of Personal Data
BIDV MetLife undertakes to keep all Personal Data confidential, but BIDV MetLife may provide any such Personal Data to the following parties (whether within or outside Vietnam) (“Recipients”) for any of the purposes set out in this Statement:
1. Any parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies or group companies of BIDV MetLife.
2. Product distributors, authorized agents, insurance companies and intermediaries of BIDV MetLife.
3. Partnering banking and/or financial services providers, telecommunications companies or entities, social media companies or entities of BIDV MetLife.
4. Call centres, mailing houses, research house, data processing companies engaged by BIDV MetLife.
5. Debt collection agencies, credit reference agencies, any financial institution or credit / charge card issuer related to premium payment account engaged by BIDV MetLife.
6. Professional advisors, reinsurance and claims investigation company, any loss adjusters, providers of risk intelligence engaged by BIDV MetLife.
7. Persons or entities which provides administration, operational, technical, data-processing, marketing and promotion, research, payment, printing, redemption, information technology, hosting, mailing, and telecommunications, customer service, and reward, loyalty or privileges programmes or club membership support to BIDV MetLife.
8. Any relevant industry association or federation, and any member or committee of such association or federation, any governmental and judicial bodies, and tax authorities or regulators, any person to whom BIDV MetLife or its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies or group companies is required to transfer and make disclosure of the relevant Personal Data.
9. Other parties as notified to the customers at the time of collection.
10. Personal Data may be processed by, kept by, disclosed to, used by or transferred to Recipients in any country or place outside Vietnam as BIDV MetLife considers appropriate for any of the purposes as set out in this Statement, in respect of which BIDV MetLife may or may not be remunerated. Such Personal Data may be processed, kept, used or disclosed in accordance with local laws, regulations, codes, guidelines or practices including any governmental acts and orders in such country.
D. Retention of Personal Data
MetLife takes all practicable steps to:-
1. Ensure the accuracy of Personal Data and to erase such Personal Data after fulfillment of the purposes as set out in this Statement.
2. Erase Personal Data no longer required for the purposes as set out in this Statement unless prohibited under any law or public interest requires otherwise.
3. Ensure that Personal Data is protected against unauthorized or accidental access, processing, erasure, loss or use other than such purposes as set out in this Statement.
4. Ensure that Personal Data will be kept in a secure manner and not be kept longer than necessary for the purposes as set out in this Statement.
5. Comply with all the relevant requirements under the laws of Vietnam.
E. Data Access and Correction
1. In accordance with the laws of Vietnam, any individual has the right to:.
a. check whether BIDV MetLife holds Personal Data of such individual and, if so, has access to such Personal Data;
b. require BIDV MetLife to correct Personal Data of such individual that is inaccurate; and
c. ascertain BIDV MetLife's policies and practices in relation to Personal Data and to be informed of the kind of Personal Data held by BIDV MetLife.
2. In accordance with the laws, BIDV MetLife has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
3. Any request for access to Personal Data or correction of Personal Data, or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of Personal Data held can be addressed to:
BIDV MetLife Life Insurance Limited Liability Company/
10th Floor, Tower A, Vincom City Towers
191 Ba Trieu Street, Le Dai Hanh Ward
Hai Ba Trung District
F. General Enquiries
If any individual has any questions concerning this Statement, or if the customer does not wish to receive any direct marketing promotions or offers from BIDV MetLife, please contact BIDV MetLife Life Insurance Limited Liability Company at the address stated in section (E)(3).
BIDV MetLife Life Insurance Limited Liability Company (collectively "BIDV MetLife") regard data security as the top priority and use best endeavour to protect your personal data against unauthorized or unintentional receipt or use. BIDV MetLife implements various measures in terms of IT hardware and software, electronic system and management policies in order to safeguard the security of your personal data. BIDV MetLife’s website supports the use of 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology – a recognized and industry standard for data encryption in internet.
BIDV MetLife’s web servers have already installed “firewalls”. BIDV MetLife keeps monitoring and updating the system so as to protect the system against any improper access and use by unauthorized persons. Since there may be release of personal data in the course of email communications, BIDV MetLife recommends you to send email via “Contact Us” section provided in the website.
Against Online Fraud
Both you and BIDV MetLife play an important role in prevention of online fraud. On one hand, BIDV MetLife uses best endeavour to maintain high standard of system security. Your eService user ID and password are unique and different from others, and BIDV MetLife will never ask you for your eService password. On the other hand, you must keep your eService User ID and password confidential, and must not disclose, release, and/or provide your eService User ID and/or password to any other persons, or use the eService with unauthorized person under the same account. When you set up your eService password, do not use your personal data (e.g. your birthday, telephone number or English name) or such combination code that is easily encrypted. If you discover any release, loss or theft of your eService password, or suspect any unauthorized use or transactions in your eService account, you must immediately inform BIDV MetLife without delay.